Why is it so hard to find one with bench???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy C

Reaction score
Trying to find a Max Limited 4x4 with bench, and most of them are captain.

Bench is more practical, meets our family needs. Everyone that I look around has the captain seat.

What's the deal?

One that we found isn't the color we want (white gold or something like that).

Just a rant.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bench seat is great, even though not everyone needs the extra seating. I have our child’s car seat in the center seat and the kids can get to the 3rd row on either side.. great flexibility. We have a 2018 Tahoe with buckets, and the car seat hits the back of the driver’s seat.. and kid can get to the 3rd row only on the side the car seat isn’t.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you considered an FX4 Package?

Technically it's an XLT, but usually are fairly well optioned out 10 way leather d/p, almost always have the bench 2nd row, in fact I don't think you can get 2nd row captains chairs, unless u start with Limited.
If will have 3:73 limited slip and the hi low transfer case, and the dash (gauge cluster) is same as Limited model, even though it's an XLT.

Peek at this one, it's a Max, and since build date shows May, probably has metal oilpan.
https://www.haleyfordchester.com/ne...00a0e0aea23fb4458f4d29e7d.htm?searchDepth=5:7

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All XLTs have the 2nd row bench. What you can't get on the XLTs are the upgraded stereo, LED headlamps/tail lamps, power running boards, forward parking sensors, active parking assist, RES*, 22" rims, and some cosmetic stuff... Of course, if you want the FX4 package, you have to get the XLT...

*It's unanimous on these forums that the RES is a waste of $2k

OP
OP
A

Andy C

Reaction score
Wife wants luxury that comes with comfort drive and softer suspension of limited with 602a which comes with ccd.

But without getting to the platinum level. FX4 sounds intriguing, but can’t get 360 camera either. All these are not necessary but very beneficial to have. Hence OP was to just vent a little. Will take family out for test drive to evaluate one last time. Captain vs bench. Thanks all for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have 3 little kids and the captains seats are way way more practical for us. The kids can all go and get loaded without parents being required to release a seat, slide, then wait for said kid to load, the pull the seat back in place. Instead said kid just opens the door and walks through the “hallway” like a school bus and sits down. Gives the parents an extra 45 seconds in the day, which adds up quick, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have two kids, but mine love the "hallway;" they love to load up and "hide from dad" (they are 2 and 5) while I try to wrangle them into their seats. I have found that no matter how easy it is to pull the second row bench forward to access the third row, in any vehicle, humans under the age of 15 much prefer to jump over the bench....and that crap just was not going to fly.

(Captains were a foregone conclusion for us anyway as both of our carseats are designed in such a way as to prevent the tip n' slide function from working.)