Winch issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, I have installed a winch on my 07 expedition. The problem I'm having is that the 6 block fuses that came with it that connects to the positive doesn't fit well and the way I got it to fit you can't get the nut off to take the positive off, which really sucked this morning when I replaced my battery. Can anyone recommend something I can replace those fuse blocks with that will fit? Any help is appreciated and pics if you can.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post some pics? It sounds like you just need a longer red cable.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The red cable is definitely long enough but I'll post pics soon so you can see the issue

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I would toss that Rube Goldberg setup and make up your own positive cable and circuit breaker unit. It's easy. Use a Blue Sea marine 30A or whatever the winch manufacturer recommends for amp rating on a surface mount circuit breaker. What's the brand and model winch you're installing?

Blue Sea Marine Circuit Breakers on Amazon

8 AWG Stranded Silicone Wire on Amazon

I had no idea someone else posted to this. It's the badlands zxr 12000lb and it's a 300 amp fuse. Any suggestions on how to make this work is greatly appreciated because I've had it disconnected since making this post and haven't had the time to play with any ideas I've had for this.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score