Winch n mount

Expy530

Reaction score
Made a winch mount for my 2003. I welded a hitch in the front so I can use it in the front or rear.
You must be registered for see images attach

I gotta bolt it down n bolt the fair lead should b done tomorrow. What do you guys think?

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all i can say.... F'n Brilliant!!! When I'm rdy.. I was stuck looking at the smitty/warn hitch mounts without the roller mounts.. luv it!!! I'm gonna steal your ideal :)
:head3:

Expy530

Reaction score
all i can say.... F'n Brilliant!!! When I'm rdy.. I was stuck looking at the smitty/warn hitch mounts without the roller mounts.. luv it!!! I'm gonna steal your ideal :)
:head3:
Do yourself a favor and make your own dont buy that smitty mount they suck. I got my truck stuck in the snow one day a buddy had one so I put it in the rear hitch. Long story short I bent the damn mount pulling it out. They are made out of sheet metal. And the stinger is thin.

Expy530

Reaction score
Made a new topic but I should have posted it in here... Here it is finally done.

flashman

Reaction score
How did that winch mount work out? Looks like you did a nice job. I have a 2001 Expy. Got stuck in the Tennessee lake muck while on vacation last week. A Flatbed made it out to me and pulled me out. It was stuck so bad that I snapped the front piece off my Hi-Lift jack. I just bought a Badlands 12,000 lb winch and would like to do the same thing. What size winch do you have on there? Joe

Last edited:

Expy530

Reaction score
Works freaking awesome! The one I have is a 12500 lbs winch. I think its the same as the badlands. 12500 lbs is kinda over kill but I rather b well prepared n have power left over. Be sure to post pics of your progress! One suggestion tho which I have to do myself is change the cable on the winch althought the winch can do 12k lbs the cable cant.

Attachments

• 20131118_100109.jpg
    20131118_100109.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 206