Window Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
2006 Ford Expedition Limited, last week went to put the front passenger side window down and it made a squealing sound. So I stopped and ran it back up the inch or so that it came down.

Fast forward to today and the window just slid (Fell down) as I was driving. Took it apart after we got home and found this. Both were laying down in the door cavity. Currently have the window up, and held up with wedges.

This is the better of the two, they are both broken. Can these be replaced as individual parts or are they only available as a part of the complete regulator assembly? I keep finding the metal bracket (Black bracket) portion of the part, but not the plastic/nylon part and its metal part (Silver/gray).

20220424_185908.jpg

Last edited:

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Window regulator crapped out. Replace it with only Motorcraft parts to ensure perfect trim fit after installation. The front right door is Motorcraft WLR9 . How's the driver's side ? Since it gets used a lot more look for it to do the same thing if it hasn't been replaced already. Pay attention to the door latch hinge pin orientation during removal and installation. If you try to put the hinge pin in upside down you will break the hinge mount, and that is part of the regulator and you'll end up buying another regulator.

Motorcraft Window Regulators at Rock Auto

Motorcraft WL9 Reg.jpg

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Window regulator crapped out. Replace it with only Motorcraft parts to ensure perfect trim fit after installation. The front right door is Motorcraft WLR9 . How's the driver's side ? Since it gets used a lot more look for it to do the same thing if it hasn't been replaced already. Pay attention to the door latch hinge pin orientation during removal and installation. If you try to put the hinge pin in upside down you will break the hinge mount, and that is part of the regulator and you'll end up buying another regulator.

Motorcraft Window Regulators at Rock Auto

View attachment 73094

Thank you, got the regulator changed out, was surprised how easy and straight forward it was. Found out the one installed was a Dorman made one.

Didn't break anything, and that is saying a lot for an Retired Air Force troop.

The only problem we ran into besides my hands being too big to get into one area.....Is the door handle is a little anemic. It works, but doesn't snap back. I'm thinking I've got the spring in wrong or something.

So can someone post the proper orientation of the spring for me? I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Funny one for yall on this......The picture of the broken window clip, well I had to dig through the trash can to find them. It seems the black metal window clip doesn't or didn't come with the new regulator. Thank God our trash runs on Tuesdays or they would have been on the way to dump already.......Learned my lesson there, don't throw your broken parts away, until after you do the job!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, good lesson learned ! Don't throw away the old stuff till you're sure the new stuff is installed and working correctly !