window regulator!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i just got my regulator! $40 later. o well. lifetime warrenty! so here the question. it came with rivets. should i use them or should i go buy some screws and nuts?

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know that. i posted a how to video. 1 part. theres a 2nd part that shows how to do it. but i was just asking should i use the rivets that came with the regulator or should i go buy some bolts.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as bolts fit should not matter... i.e. make sure you have clearance... or if you have stuff to do rivets... bolts are easier...lol

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the regulator and motor for my drivers door this past weekend.
I went to NAPA and bought bolts and nuts. I don't have a welder so I used JB Weld to hold the bolts to the window motor, I put the nuts on and then used my angle grinder to take off the exposed bolts.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what size are the bolts? i think im going to do this tomorrow. i would love to have my window back!

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought six M8 bolts (about 1.5 inches long) and nuts. I also used lock washers, but it made the bolts sit a little askew when the JB Weld dried. If I were you I would just just use regular flat washers. The worst thing about about JB Weld is the dry time, so if you have access to a welder that would be much more effective since I had to wait about 12 hours for it to cure enough that I could install everthing.

Edit: I was only able to get five of the bolts through since I didn't want to take the motor off the regulator to get the sixth bolt to fit between the regulator and motor. You might grind the bolt down a little to try and squeeze it through but I figured five bolts would be plenty secure. It still hold securely and I have not had any problems.

Also don't forget to buy some good epoxy to re-attach the the window to brackets. This is what I used
http://www.outdoor-sports-store.com/item.aspx?PID=357081&w=7QApsGY/h08=

Last edited:
OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay kool thanks. ill do that. i hope the teeth on the motor arn't screwed cause i only bought the regulator. i guess ill know when i take my old one out.

kmkirlin

Reaction score
How do you tell whether you need to replace motor or regulator or both?

Sorry to come in so late on this thread. I have a 2005 EB with a very slow right front (passenger) window, worse in winter than summer. How do I tell if its a motor or regulator problem, or both?