window won't roll up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cliff

Reaction score
recently got a 2000 xlt and my rear passenger side window won't roll up, but still rolls down

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably a bad panel switch. Look for a junk yard near you that catalogs parts. They should be able to help you.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The switch basically reverses the polarity of the current to the motor allowing it to roll up and down. The switch might send current one way just fine (allowing it to roll the window down) but not send current the opposite way, not allowing it to roll up.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So both switches roll the windows down, but not up? Please elaborate a little more what isn't working. The first post said that only the passenger side was showing the problem.

OP
OP
C

cliff

Reaction score
both switches will roll the window down, but neither switch will roll the window up

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would still try to replace one of the switches. I know when I was trying to solve my driver's door window issue, they let me take the switch panel out and test it to see if that was the problem before purchasing it. It turned out not to be the problem (my one-touch down feature was causing a problem in the GEM module), but there isn't as much to the windows in back. I would think its either the switch or the motor, but the fact that the windows will move tells me it should be the switch. Only way to tell is to try and replace one of them and see if it helps. Good luck, and post back if that does not help.

Last edited:

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had this problem. apparently the windows get jammed or something, The way I fixed mine, get into the seat of the window problem grab the door and SLAM it hit the window button see if it goes up.. This just happened to me about 30 minutes ago. Mine works fine now