Windows slow to roll.....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driver's side window is having a really hard time moving up and down and takes entirely too long. I don't have any extra amps pulling so I have to assume its the window motor. I'm also getting a loud squeaking noise only when rolling down. Any ideas?? How much does a windows motor cost to buy and install?

smokeater

Reaction score
Power window motor and regulator

These things are notoriously bad in the Expedition. I just had my passenger front motor and regulator replaced. I don't recall exactly how much it was but total, it was in the neighbourhood of $250.00. I had my mechanic lube the drivers side as well........

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I tried lubing but that didn't work for me. New Ford parts are about $250. The motor is easy to install. It's the regulator that I don't want to mess with.

frankie paladin

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Drivers side is worse than the passanger side, but both are slow. Dealer lubed up my windows, worked really well for 2 weeks, now back to bad. Plus I had grease streaking my windows.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Stopping by your dealership so a Ford certified tech can take a look is the best first step. If you're concerned about cost, ask for an estimate before they proceed. If you have any additional questions, just let me know!

Crystal

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drivers window motors are notoriously under developed on this trucks. Lots of guys with them going very early. My drivers window motor was replaced at less than 30K miles. It was going slow, squeaking, and actually started to leave a grease slick on the window ...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Stopping by your dealership so a Ford certified tech can take a look is the best first step. If you're concerned about cost, ask for an estimate before they proceed. If you have any additional questions, just let me know!

Crystal

I did. They gave me an estimate of like $600 or $700. I don't remember the exact amount. I aint spending that kind of money for the dealer to get rich. Maybe if they did it $300.

cowman79

Reaction score
Mine was slow and I used a penetrating fluid and lubed the mechanism and cable several times while rolling the window up and down. I performed this about 6 months ago and the window is still going up and down like it should.

Tomfooter

Reaction score
Does anyone really know how to check and see if it really is the Motor, the Window Regulator, or if it just needs Lubed? My Driver Side (2009) in cold weather will actually get stuck about a quarter of the way up and has to be forced up by pressing my hands on both sides of the glass and pushing up. When it is warm outside, it seems to work fairly well. I hate to tear into this thing and put a new motor in it if that isn't the problem.

RockyF150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if someone sells one with more power, a higher voltage one or something. Wonder if that would help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni