Windows slow to roll.....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
My 2007 has this issue with the drivers side as well....worse in cold weather. Almost thought I was going to be stuck with an open window a few times this winter after going through the drive through...

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Stopping by your dealership so a Ford certified tech can take a look is the best first step. If you're concerned about cost, ask for an estimate before they proceed. If you have any additional questions, just let me know!

Crystal

I hate to be THAT guy... But sorry, the dealer is not the "best first step". Ford dealers have become outrageously expensive and untrustworthy. I'm 39 years old and I'm currently on my 9th Ford product (3rd Expedition). I bought what I thought was an iron-clad 7-year/100,000 mile extended warranty and with 6 years and ~75,000 miles I have already spent more at the dealer on repairs than I've ever spent on any of the 13 vehicles I've owned. Even the repair work that I've had done under the original factory warranty and the extended warranty has been shoddy at best with repeated failures of the same components.

I no longer have any trust in Ford to honestly deal with me and to provide quality workmanship. Sad, because as I've shown with my purchasing history, I've been a huge Ford fan for all of my driving years.

Expy530

Reaction score
I hate to be THAT guy... But sorry, the dealer is not the "best first step". Ford dealers have become outrageously expensive and untrustworthy. I'm 39 years old and I'm currently on my 9th Ford product (3rd Expedition). I bought what I thought was an iron-clad 7-year/100,000 mile extended warranty and with 6 years and ~75,000 miles I have already spent more at the dealer on repairs than I've ever spent on any of the 13 vehicles I've owned. Even the repair work that I've had done under the original factory warranty and the extended warranty has been shoddy at best with repeated failures of the same components.

I no longer have any trust in Ford to honestly deal with me and to provide quality workmanship. Sad, because as I've shown with my purchasing history, I've been a huge Ford fan for all of my driving years.

Good answer. Dealership rapes u **** them.

jimb726

Reaction score
I have had my regulator replaced twice in the drivers door of my 07. Once at 45k and the second was last week at 92k. I have a CPO that expires at 100K, so it was covered. I can say that I have never had my motor replaced and each time the regulator is replaced the window works smoothly and quickly, I am going to put my money on crappy regulator design or quality.

skidog

Reaction score
there really easy to work on and dont cost to much to replace either. i did it on the drivers door 07 expy took me about 45 mins to an hour and i bought mine right from dealer.. $100 out the door.

ExpyBillD

Reaction score
I had the driver's side regulator replaced about a year ago @ 115K and now the front passenger window is exhibiting the same issues. Very squeaky when being lowered and just seems to not want to go back up. Last few times, I had to move up and down multiple times to finally get it seated at the top. Not risking using it now for fear it will get stuck in the down position.
I owned a '97 Expy and got it to 252K and never had an issue with the power windows. I've had this '07 EL Ltd and will most likely have to replace the passenger side now since the driver's side, all within 135K!! What is it about these things that appear to be purposely designed to wear out sooner than expected?

Last edited:

WIZARD

Reaction score
07 EL Limited @78K. My passenger side was really slow to roll. Began screeching and stopped about six inches down. Took two hands to muscle it up while son was using the switch. I remember the old days with special tools just to take the door panel off. Believe me this was so easy. Any person out there that does half of their own mechanical work can do it. I went to Ford on a Saturday baulked at the 180 dollar price for the regulator. Begged and pleaded, reminded the sales guy what a good customer I am. Really I am into about a total of 12 vehicles over the years at my local dealership, with spouse, kids etc. He took 20 percent off. Less than 1.5 hours total. Then I removed the two rear door panels and spotted the rust on the cable and used white lithium, loaded the cables and rollers. Hopefully this will prevent another complete failure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passenger window is getting really bad the past couple weeks. Gets stuck and won't actually come down! Sucks its such a nice looking truck and when you roll the window down it takes 3 minutes and squeaks the whole way... Doesn't look very good on a very good looking vehicle. Embarrassing to be honest.

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is going in tomorrow to have both front windows looked at-the drivers side is actually stuck about 2" down. And I will also have the intermittent passenger front door lock actuator replaced. Too many electrical issues for 110K miles.

CJ0920

Reaction score
I just relubbed the tracks with white lithium grease, and I'm good to go now. Driver window rolls up and down much faster!