Windsheild Washers, the back Wiper, and More :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prince had the dealer he bought his SUV from fix the rear wiper motor before he took delivery, so yes apparently their giving him 60 days. Might as well take advantage, he paid top dollar for this vehicle, I wouldn't monkey with anything their going to cover.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Problem is if you tell them you diagnosed problem, and tore into door, they'll probably deny your warranty. Best bet put door back together, go to them with problem, let their mechanic diagnose and fix it under their warranty. Shops won't touch anything that customer tried to fix themselves, it voids warranty. If they ask play dumb, act like a customer.

Oooohh... good idea, tomorrow I take it in for them to hopefully fix the "LOW WIPER FLUID" that harasses me every time I start it (cause why not?) and then on monday the back wiper motor's gonna be fixed. Once those two are fixed, I'm all good

Warranty??? ... on a used old 2003 vehicle from a used car dealer? I bought a used 2014 EL w/34K from VISION Rochester in 2015. The warranty was the FORD warranty. Found it had no intermittent wiper function and FORD declined to fix it claiming the windshield had been replaced. VISION (scummy dealership) denied any responsibility. I had to pay $320 to fix. FORD warranty not impressing me, especially with that paint bubbling issue (which I also have).

Well, it's only a 60 day warranty, and the rear wiper motor has been a bit of a problem both before and after I got the car, so I figure that's why they're helping me with it, I'll probably deal with everything that comes after the warranty on my own.

--------

Small question, is it normal for the rear wheels to seem slightly tilted inwards to the naked eye, or am I just overthinking stuff again? Also, is it normal for there to be come... clunkey noises from the rear when I'm moving around in parking lots or the driveway, it's probably the transmission and everything doing its job, and after all, it's maryland inspected so if there were big problems they'd be fixed, but, well... me and my worrying :(

I mean, I learned to drive on a minivan, my explorer isn't even close to the expy, and my family's never owned a large SUV like this, so all of that could be completely normal and I just have no idea.

Here, have a picture of it so you guys can see what I mean with the rear wheels... if something does seem fishy, I was gonna ask the shop who's gonna work on the back wiper to also take a look under there since they'd probably be able to see if something was wrong, and being mechanics they'd probably notice any obvious problems that I don't know enough to detect...

VRRRROOOOOMMMM.jpg

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Prince had the dealer he bought his SUV from fix the rear wiper motor before he took delivery, so yes apparently their giving him 60 days. Might as well take advantage, he paid top dollar for this vehicle, I wouldn't monkey with anything their going to cover.

Oof, you said it before I could! Also, I had a random thought, is it standard practice to sell used cars with brand new tires or nah? I say this because the expy has four brand new tires on it, which might be related to the price...

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: Not only was the dealer unable to fix the windsheild washer low fluid error, now they don't work at all! lol

So, on monday, I'm having the Rear wiper and the washers fixed, and hopefully they know where to find that elusive door code! I'm also thinking of asking them to perhaps take a glance at the rear wheels and fill my AC up, but if all it needs is some more coolent added, I can probably do that easily on my own, hmm...

(I say this because there's still hissing from the rear when ac is on)

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She's fixed! No more washer level sensor and the rear wiper works now! I have zero problems with this car, aside from the mirror switch being weird!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as the rear wheel camber adjustments being off, bring it to a Midas repair shop, they do a free alignment check. If not them, find someone that checks alignment. If in fact the rear is bent and not adjustable, it goes back to the dealer you bought it from. Problem is they may say you did the damage! As far as your wonky mirror switch, spray some of your computer contact cleaner in there. For home electronics I like using deoxit spray, expensive but works great.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as the rear wheel camber adjustments being off, bring it to a Midas repair shop, they do a free alignment check. If not them, find someone that checks alignment. If in fact the rear is bent and not adjustable, it goes back to the dealer you bought it from. Problem is they may say you did the damage! As far as your wonky mirror switch, spray some of your computer contact cleaner in there. For home electronics I like using deoxit spray, expensive but works great.

How can I take apart the mirror switch? it looks like just a single unit, and I feel like I'd break it trying to take it apart....

In terms of the wheels, they seem okay, but while my front AC is nice and cold, my rear AC seems to be.... not cold, though I don't know if something is wrong or if it just can't keep up with the 90+ degree weather we're having >_<