Wireless CarPlay adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BartMauldin

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently upgraded my 2015 Expedition EL to Sync 3. I’m wondering if anyone in the same situation has any experience with using a wireless CarPlay adapter with this setup? Are they fairly reliable? Any drawbacks to using them? Any firsthand experience would be very welcomed. Fyi, I’m on Sync 3.4 build 19200.

Thanks!
Bart

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curios as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I researched witless CarPlay a while back and it seemed like it wasn’t ready for prime time, at least the after martlet kits.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I researched witless CarPlay a while back and it seemed like it wasn’t ready for prime time, at least the after martlet kits.

I have a pioneer with wireless Android Auto and CarPlay and both work pretty well. Every once in awhile AA likes to take a few seconds longer to connect or may stutter doing something in the first few seconds but that's about it as far as issues. I've had samsung S7-Note 10s on wireless and iPhones from the 8 on up in the car at various times and no one has really complained.

No idea if an adapter would have similar performance but I wouldn't be concerned about it just because it's wireless. Guessing any issues would be related to whatever device you happen to choose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360