Wireless charge pad - phone slip down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin2018

Reaction score
I purchased a used limited 2018 max. Annoyingly 2 cup holder inserts were missing. I finally found the part numbers.

Knowing about the missing inserts I am suspecting that something is missing at the bottom of the phone charging pad. It is impossible to keep my iPhone XR on the pad. Is there a rubber insert that should stop the phone sliding off into the lower slot?

Could ask for a picture if something should be in the slot right below the charge pad ?

It really is the worst place to put a sloped charging pad :)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

martin2018

Reaction score
Very much appreciate the reply. That explains my problem.

If by any chance that lip can be removed I would appreciate a picture. Like to see if I can find a replacement.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a used limited 2018 max. Annoyingly 2 cup holder inserts were missing. I finally found the part numbers.

Knowing about the missing inserts I am suspecting that something is missing at the bottom of the phone charging pad. It is impossible to keep my iPhone XR on the pad. Is there a rubber insert that should stop the phone sliding off into the lower slot?

Could ask for a picture if something should be in the slot right below the charge pad ?

It really is the worst place to put a sloped charging pad :)

Thank you!k

Why on Earth wouldn't you go back to where you gave Ford $70 grand and say "hey guys, I was in here last week or last month and bought your 70 grand truck, but it didn't come with_____, can you guys hook me up?"

crying later isn't good optics.....
jeff

OP
OP
M

martin2018

Reaction score
Jeff if I handed a dealer 70 grand for a used limited I would be crying ... part of my deal was buying it as is. With a dent, with 1 key and do in. You might have done it different I can certainly appreciate.

And then relax dude - I am doing my thing. If you can’t help it’s all good.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats the sort of thing you would grab at a salvage yard but not many 2018s in the yards yet.

To be honest the lip makes getting a large phone in and out of there painful. My Note 8 is tedious. Probably why PO removed it and maybe left their phone in the vertical orientation.

OP
OP
M

martin2018

Reaction score
Much like the cup holders, there is a removable rubber liner that goes in this slot. This liner has a lip on it that goes against the base of the wireless charging area to prevent the phone from slipping down and off the charging pad. View attachment 27975View attachment 27975

View attachment 27976

Excellent, thank you for your help! That is exactly what I need. I’ll see if I can find it online before going to check with the dealer.