Wiring diagram 2006 expedition heated mirrors

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by dogman, Sep 15, 2016.

1. dogman

dogman Member

Okay my 2006 expedition did not come with heated mirrors but, as far as I know they were an option. So I have the inner cover off and the connector visible with 4 wires on the mirror side connector. However the are several wires on the other side of the connector that are not being used. Does anyone have a schematic or diagram that shows what these wires would be used for? Thanks

2. Bedrck47

Bedrck47 Full Access Members

3. Bedrck47

Attached are the prints for the power mirrors for the 06 Expedition 124-01.jpg 124-02.jpg 124-03.jpg 124-04.jpg 124-05.jpg

4. dogman

dogman Member

Okay thanks for the diagrams I think I have it sorted out. What I found on my 2006 expedition was that heated mirrors was an option that year. So I removed the inner door cover and looked at the connector for the mirrors. Per another forum thread whatever it was mentioned that the Green/violet wire in position 1 of the connector was the hot lead for the mirror and position 9 a black wire was the ground. I verified the power and the ground with a dmm. I ran 2 wires up through the loom cover. I bought a replacement heated mirror off amazon. I just need to finish wiring it up. Trying to get the correct pins to use the existing connector for the power was more trouble or money than I wanted to spend. I'm getting some waterproof 2 wire quick connects off amazon that I'll splice into the circuit on the door side and 2 push on connectors .110 insulated with shrink wrap on the mirror side. Thanks again for the help and encouragement. Winter is coming!

5. ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy Supporting Member Supporting Member

It took me a while to figure out that my heated mirrors were controlled by the rear defroster switch. How are you going to control yours?

6. dogman

dogman Member

Well I'm expecting to control my heated mirrors through the rear defrost circuitry as well. I put my meter on the green and purple wire in position 1 and ground and turned the rear defroster on and off a couple of times and verified that it will control the power to heat my rear view mirrors. It should work just like yours do.

ExpeditionAndy likes this.
  7. Bedrck47

That may be so but make sure you fuse the power for the heated mirrors The rear defrost circuit is a 40 amp fuse but the mirrors should be a 10 amp fuse.

Refer to the next post

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Bedrck47

The dark green violet wire should already be coming from fuse #8 which is the 10 amp fuse

Do you have automatic or manual heater controls Let me know and I will post the wiring diagram for the circuit

9. dogman

dogman Member

well I guess they are manual and I also thought that there was already a fuse in the circuit since I am checking and tapping in at the connector for the mirror in the door at the same connector that the powered mirror and puddle light run from.

10. dogman

dogman Member

I'm assuming that when I turn on the rear window defroster via button on dash my side mirrors will defrost as well and since there is a timer for the rear window defroster it will all turn off at the same time. Magic eh!

ExpeditionAndy likes this.