Wiring Problem with Factory Overhead DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolimitexpy

Reaction score
Calling all ford techs!!!

I have a 2005 Limited that came with factory overhead DVD and Navigation Radio. Well I've recently replaced the navigation receiver (which fried) with a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT. The installer used a PIE DVD Keeper retention harness (FRD03-DVD) to hook the DVD player into the new receiver. Now I have power to the rear DVD and I can listen to the movie through the factory wireless headphones but there is no audio coming through the receiver and car speakers.

Here's a link to the harness:

www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1123

The installer claims that when the factory radio stopped working that the unit was in dual play mode (headphones on) and now the system is locked in that setting. Supposedly the only way to fix it is to put in another factory nav radio, change the setting and then re-install the AVIC but the dealer doesn't have (and will not order) another '05 factory navigation unit.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if this is true? And if it is there has GOT to be a way to switch that setting without putting a factory radio back in. There is even a button on the back of the center console that does the same thing so WTF??!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nolimitexpy

Reaction score
Please somebody help! I see that there are some users checking out this thread. Doesn't anyone know a tech that can help me?? :(