Worst nightmare....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valleymama

Reaction score
Bought a brand new Expedition EL Limited 6 months ago. It has the factory installed headrest dvd players for the middle row, but wanted to get an overhead dvd player for the back row. I did research on shops that could install one and picked a good rated place that even some of the Ford dealers in the area use for aftermarket products. I thought I was in good hands. I was nervous about having someone cut into my new headliner in my brand new truck, but was reassured when they told me they do it all the time. Anyway, left my baby in their hands and when it came back to me, the DVD player was in the wrong place! They placed it too far back so the screen came down right in front of the 3rd rows faces. It was also partially covering the AC vents in the roof! It was not placed where they showed us it would be. Also, the headphones had interference with the middle row headrest DVD players. After complaining, they agreed that it was in a ridiculous spot and that they would move the DVD player and replace the headliner. We asked if they were going to use the Ford factory headliner and he said yes. Okay. I thought that would be fine. Go to pick up the Expy, and notice the DVD player was in the right spot this time. Good. Then, notice that the headliner fabric does not match the fabric on my sunroof or visors and the truck smelled to high heaven of adhesive. How can this be if they used a factory headliner?! Then notice only one seat was folded down, went to put it up and found a huge quarter sized burn mark on my leather seat right below the headrest! Also, noticed a square indentation where the DVD player was placed the first time. Come to find out, they didn't replace the headliner, just reupholstered it with the wrong material to boot! I am beyond furious. They said they will replace the seat, but are balking at replacing the headliner because it will run $1900. They said they have ordered the correct fabric now and will reupholster it again and fix the hole(indentation)in the ceiling. Do any of you think this is acceptable? I brought in a perfectly brand new Expy to get a routine DVD player installed and they screwed up badly. While I feel bad that their mistake is so costly, I feel they should make it right. I am concerned that over time the reupholstered headliner will sag, vs just having a new factory one installed. Am I being unrealistic, or should I stand my ground and threaten going to court? Why should I have to settle and get less for their mistake? Not to mention the shop is 1 1/2 hours away from me and I have spent time, gas, mileage, only to have them keep screwing my brand new expy further. I get nervous with confrontation and want to make sure I"m not being unreasonable before I fly off the handle with them. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it were me and they are the ones completely at fault, i would fight them till things are made right. Hopefully everything works out for you, good luck.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
STAND YOUR GROUND. There is no reason for them to repair it like that. Also, keep all your receipts for the gas going there and the time it takes. If you do end up suing, add those in as part of your costs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow it's odd to see someone who wants to stab someone else in the face before I do. Bravo Jason!

So sorry to hear about this grief.

IF IT WERE ME I would hire a reputable attorney and take them to small claims court. You already gave them the chance to make it right, and they made is much much worse so I think it is reasonable to insist that someone else does the repairs to UN do their damage. I wouldn't trust them to touch the damned door handle at this point.

And for the record, since we are neighbors, would you mind sending me the name of the firm who did a Frankenstein botch job on your Expy so I never deal with them?

Good luck, and hoping success for satisfactory resolution, please keep up posted on you're saga.

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the bad press you give them a la facebook will do far more damage to them......... look at reporting them to BBB

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Totally unacceptable! You spent your hard earned money and should get a quality product with quality craftsmanship! Like stated, get an attorney and get your money back and take it to a different shop to get the work done! They have screwed up twice now third time isnt a charm!

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell yeah... STAND YOUR GROUND!!!.....If I took my 98 in somewhere and that happened I would flip the f@%@%$ out!

I remember when my 03 exlporer's window just fell into the door after I bought it the same day. I went back to the dealer and asked if they could fix it. They told me I had to make an appointment..???? Ill just say police and fines....lol...but my window was fixed=)

Go kick someone in the teeth...lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
forget stabbing them...SHOOT THEM!!! then sue them...AND blast them on FB...becareful with slander though