WTF is up with the latest sync update OTA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WHOLLY CRAP MAGNETS
the sync did an OTA update and now its complete shiiiiit.
Map is all fuckered up, the USB port randomly decides if its working or can be seen.
I have to keep turning off the radio and removing the usb stick and placing it in the other hole, then turn radio back on to see the usb music, then if you stop and shut down the vehicle and restart and radio comes on like supposed to but the USB is gone....so i have to turn it off and move the usb stick to the other hole and turn radio back on to see the usb stick.
FORD really flucked the football on this,
it also keeps dumping my samsung phone out of the blue

2018-09-27.png

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
WHOLLY CRAP MAGNETS
the sync did an OTA update and now its complete shiiiiit.
Map is all fuckered up, the USB port randomly decides if its working or can be seen.
I have to keep turning off the radio and removing the usb stick and placing it in the other hole, then turn radio back on to see the usb music, then if you stop and shut down the vehicle and restart and radio comes on like supposed to but the USB is gone....so i have to turn it off and move the usb stick to the other hole and turn radio back on to see the usb stick.
FORD really flucked the football on this,
it also keeps dumping my samsung phone out of the blue

View attachment 26887

Sorry I missed this, turning the radio off and also turning off the car and back on, doesn’t actually restart the OS, it more closely puts it to sleep, or hibernates it.

Do 2 resets in a row.

Turn the car on, let the unit come all the way up where you have control. Nothing plugged in to USB. Hold down the radio power button, and hit the next Track button. Screen should go black and come up with boot logo, normally a ford emblem.

Do that 1 more time. After that see if it goes back to responding how you expect.

That should be part of the Ford instructions.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this, turning the radio off and also turning off the car and back on, doesn’t actually restart the OS, it more closely puts it to sleep, or hibernates it.

Do 2 resets in a row.

Turn the car on, let the unit come all the way up where you have control. Nothing plugged in to USB. Hold down the radio power button, and hit the next Track button. Screen should go black and come up with boot logo, normally a ford emblem.

Do that 1 more time. After that see if it goes back to responding how you expect.

That should be part of the Ford instructions.
THANKS
i will try it this afternoon

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only problem I have had with the 3.0 updates is if I have something connected when I turn off the key, the next time I start the vehicle it will have the radio on, on AM. If I radio was powered off or on SiriusXM it makes no difference.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only problem I have had with the 3.0 updates is if I have something connected when I turn off the key, the next time I start the vehicle it will have the radio on, on AM. If I radio was powered off or on SiriusXM it makes no difference.

Mine defaults to the last FM station I was listening to before I had my Phone or USB connected.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well did the reset and still no bueno
after i shut off the car and radio, i turned radio back on and no usb detected. I turned it off and unplugged usb, turned radio back on and then plugged usb back in..it saw it then.
got an email from ford inquiring more info so maybe they can figure it out??

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
well did the reset and still no bueno
after i shut off the car and radio, i turned radio back on and no usb detected. I turned it off and unplugged usb, turned radio back on and then plugged usb back in..it saw it then.
got an email from ford inquiring more info so maybe they can figure it out??

Good luck! You are on the most current version of 3.0? If you are connected to WiFi on it, and tell it to check now, what does it say?

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck! You are on the most current version of 3.0? If you are connected to WiFi on it, and tell it to check now, what does it say?
i did that and it tells me we are up to date and it even uploaded to my ford owner page and shows its the latest version.
I am sure its a weird code, i will pull the usb tonight and see it does an update or ???
i think it just does not like my 32 gb of music :)