You can’t make this $*&@ up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know. So long as it’s not quarters and dollars.
What’s the alternative?

Yeah, it’s one of those things, buying something newer won’t “nickel and dime” you to death, but you could end up with a payment. And that payment is most likely more than all those nickel and dimes combined.

Since I’ve owned my 2014 (15 months), I’ve spent WAY less time in the garage working on it than my 2000. But that single monthly payment is more than several months worth of repairs.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s one of those things, buying something newer won’t “nickel and dime” you to death, but you could end up with a payment. And that payment is most likely more than all those nickel and dimes combined.

Since I’ve owned my 2014 (15 months), I’ve spent WAY less time in the garage working on it than my 2000. But that single monthly payment is more than several months worth of repairs.

And this is my quandary. I drove my wife’s 2016 Explorer today. That drives so much better. It’s the NA v6. I cruised at 85mph and on way back 90mph. I was still getting passed.

My ole gal would have been lugging along at 80mph max and I don’t like holding that speed for more than 30-40 minute for fear of throwing a rod through the block and w my luck impaling my balls to the seat back.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And this is my quandary. I drove my wife’s 2016 Explorer today. That drives so much better. It’s the NA v6. I cruised at 85mph and on way back 90mph. I was still getting passed.

My ole gal would have been lugging along at 80mph max and I don’t like holding that speed for more than 30-40 minute for fear of throwing a rod through the block and w my luck impaling my balls to the seat back.

Too scary for me lol. Get a newer one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon Clowes

Reaction score
Weekly in summer and daily in wnter. When I park the car I spray the glasswork with a mix or 8 parts Rain-X Washer Fluid and 2 parts Rain-X Galss cleaner (the creamy one). Shake well before applying. In the morning I quck tap with a scraper ahs the ice off the windows (ALL windows) while my neighbour is still scrapping his first one. Also use Rain-X brand wiper blades

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
My local automatic car wash sprays rainX(for an upgrade). When it's busy everyone gets it. My windshield 'beads' after I get it. I also notice dried, dirty water spots in the morning. If the blades are good quality and newer, it's not needed.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My local automatic car wash sprays rainX(for an upgrade). When it's busy everyone gets it. My windshield 'beads' after I get it.

I was talking about the original rain-x. It is applied like wax and buffed off like wax.
Not extra $2 at the auto wash and not the rain-x you put into the wiper fluid.

If you do it right it lasts for well over a month or longer the less you use the wipers. (wipers that you no longer need)
And i would guarantee that any liquid hitting the windshield beads up immediately NO matter what the weather. (even a month later)

for the record I use rain-x wiper blades as well.
blue stuff washer fluid