Your favorite addition or accessory to your expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parkspremier

Reaction score
what is the one add on or accessory that has been your favorite addition to your rig?! Or is number 1 on the wish list?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior LEDs, LED fog lights

Tow mirrors if you live without a backup camera + LED backup pods

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What tow mirrors do you have?

There's only one source for em, 1A Auto / Trail Ridge brand

Got em on the SSV... modded mine with Dorman F150 Tow Mirror Chrome Caps (perfect fit)though, original black seemed to protrude stealthily and dangerously in the dark

2018-04-28 15.54.04.jpg

PS oh and the vent visor window things, those are essential if you live in hot or rainy places... mudflaps help a lot if you have a shortie, but are fairly unnecessary on an EL (wheels don't kick dirt up onto the back much, if at all)

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dashcam & iron bull bumper are #1 & #2. Already had someone pitt themselves on the highway & had video evidence. Next are the led interior lights.
Led interior is essential.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's only one source for em, 1A Auto / Trail Ridge brand

Got em on the SSV... modded mine with Dorman F150 Tow Mirror Chrome Caps (perfect fit)though, original black seemed to protrude stealthily and dangerously in the dark

View attachment 29425

PS oh and the vent visor window things, those are essential if you live in hot or rainy places... mudflaps help a lot if you have a shortie, but are fairly unnecessary on an EL (wheels don't kick dirt up onto the back much, if at all)

These are available too.
Not sure if they are Trail Ridge brand or not but they are far cheaper than A1 Auto or Amazon for the Trail Ridge Equivelant.
https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-914877170.html

Mine is not installed yet just waiting for the front struts to arrive.

I wish someone would make an interior LEDs in the 3k range. The 5k and above super bright whites are too bright.
I have the 6ks for everything exterior but not done the interiors since they are too bright. The kiddos fall asleep on the way home at night frequently.

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
These are available too.
Not sure if they are Trail Ridge brand or not but they are far cheaper than A1 Auto or Amazon for the Trail Ridge Equivelant.
https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/side-view-mirrors/AM-914877170.html

Mine is not installed yet just waiting for the front struts to arrive.

I wish someone would make an interior LEDs in the 3k range. The 5k and above super bright whites are too bright.
I have the 6ks for everything exterior but not done the interiors since they are too bright. The kiddos fall asleep on the way home at night frequently.
I wish they made factory looking that either extended out or even flipped up like the ram pickups do