Your review of the 15” Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you who have received your 2022 Expy with the 15” screen, can you please post your reviews and opinions on it? Do you miss the physical buttons, etc.? Thanks.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just read one on facebook that said it froze up and the person had no AC, and was in 90* temps and it kept locking up and was pretty much useless. Maybe its just the one, but its out there!

Mxer0022

Reaction score
I'm one who thought I would miss the physical buttons. But after using it it's really not that bad and very intuitive. Resolution is great. Love the large camera views when parking and reversing. Love having the top view and rear view at the same time.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On 2 occasions it failed to turn on. Completely blank. I drove for 20 miles one time and it never came on. Had to stop and completely shut down the vehicle

now, the last settings remained and I could adjust the volume. Steering wheel controls worked. both times

My wife’s Explorer, my buddy’s Ram, and my neighbors Acura MDX have done this too. Hell, my iPhone goes bonkers on the regular. Power cycle and we’re good to go.

the screen is awesome. Smooth to operate. It’s a little overwhelming and extra but I dig it.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only had the Timberline for 5 days but love it! Initially thought it was bulky and worried about having to search menus for options but after 5 days I wouldn't go back. Its intuitive and is a huge improvement.

DFWHD

Reaction score
Close to a month now with mine and really like it so far. It took a few days to figure out how to use everything and once that was done I was able to enjoy it. Apple car play is great on the bigger screen (really nice for the maps). No tech issues so far with mine, but am only driving it a few times a week due to a hybrid office/remote work schedule. We'll be taking our first cross country trip with it in about 6 weeks and that will be a great opportunity to form a solid opinion on it.

Huntsw1

Reaction score
Test drove one and it is a nightmare to use while driving. Having to go through two or three screens to get to something that is simple with a physical button on other trims is a huge distraction and safety issue.

They really want you to use voice for everything

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Test drove one and it is a nightmare to use while driving. Having to go through two or three screens to get to something that is simple with a physical button on other trims is a huge distraction and safety issue.

With more options comes more screens and with copilot360 I'm not as worried about having to push an extra button to get where you need to go safely. I feel as though the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score

A nightmare? What were you trying to do that was so difficult?

bras2

Reaction score
How difficult is it to get to the camera? I have a 2020 Expedition now so I have a physical button to turn on the camera. I use the 360 camera often when parking. I test drove a 22 with the 12” Sync 4 screen and I couldn’t easily get to the camera which I found annoying. I did end up ordering the 22 303A with the 15” screen, but I’m keeping an eye on my local dealer inventory for one similar.