06 2WD clunk noted at slower speeds. My wife was driving me to work the other day and my window was down. At quite slow speeds, a clunking is heard.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taekwondad40

Reaction score
Since mine is only a 2WD I thought I'd check in with y'all to ask for troubleshooting ideas. I work so many hours and have no garage at our new apartment, this is nothing I'm looking forward to doing myself...unless I do it at work. I'm a structural steel fabricator and iron worker. If need be, I'll do my repairs at the shop when I'm not working with the other crew.

I know I can do this. I just need more troubleshooting ideas before I start. Please and thank you.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since mine is only a 2WD I thought I'd check in with y'all to ask for troubleshooting ideas. I work so many hours and have no garage at our new apartment, this is nothing I'm looking forward to doing myself...unless I do it at work. I'm a structural steel fabricator and iron worker. If need be, I'll do my repairs at the shop when I'm not working with the other crew.

I know I can do this. I just need more troubleshooting ideas before I start. Please and thank you.

More information may be helpful.

Accelerating - decelerating?

Braking, turning, stopping?

On smooth pavement - on rough roads, turning into a driveway with a curb, etc.?

It could be a defective universal joint, rear differential issues, a bad sway bar link, control arm bushings, etc.