2008 ford exp a/c compressor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boots

Reaction score
I need to remove a/c compressor on 2008 expedition(police package) 3 bolts seem easy enough ,
Any ideas or tricks on removing the lines attached to the top

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my A/C about a month ago. Before you begin take off the air intake and all that jazz and take off that plastic shroud that is on top of the radiator where the hood latch is. Then I unbolted and removed the fuse box, power steering reservoir, vacuum reservoir. Next I went under the truck and flipped the bottom portion of the fan shroud up and removed the fan blade....then it’s shroud removal time. There are a few bolts hidden toward the front holding the fan shroud in place remove those and then the fan shroud..... Then take the three bolts out of the compressor and move it forward and you can now easily access the lines on top leaning over the front. The filter drier is a sock up in the right side of the condenser if you remove the rubber matting from underneath you will see where the little plastic cap is.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a job that involves a lot of swearing and some beers. Full disclosure I had three guys when removing the shroud (PITA).

OP
OP
B

boots

Reaction score
Thank You for the response I appreciate it,I will get at it shortly,need to go get some beer I have already started swearing

OP
OP
B

boots

Reaction score
Your way seems the best , I was almost considering trying to remove it with the lines attached to the compressor and disconnecting them from the condenser