New from southeast VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckVA

Reaction score
Good morning!

I'm new to the forum and have been lurking for a couple of weeks. We just picked up a 2007 EL 4wd to replace my wife's smaller daily driver. She's a sheep farmer and usually has 2-4 sheepdogs with her, and needed more space. Plus, this is big enough to do many of the smaller jobs our ancient F-250 usually does around the farm (haul smaller 7,000lb hay loads, or the tractor on the flatbed) so it can be dual purpose.

We got this one for a good deal because of a disclosed problem - a "slip in third" according to the old owners, that turned out to be torque converter shudder once I got forscan hooked up. I'm in the process of swapping torque converters this weekend. I budgeted the materials for a trans rebuild into the purchase price, so we're ahead on price so far, knock on wood. Other than the TC issue, it's fairly low mileage (171k, which is much lower than anything else we have) and in great condition other than the usual rocker panel rust.

I've been around under this username or something similar on a lot of car forums for a long time. I've had the same name on FTE since about 2003 but was never very active there, but was far more active on FullSizeBronco under Chuck for years before life got busy and the site ate my old user name. I've been online long enough to not be particularly anonymous at this point.

I'm a machinery geek overall, and will dive into anything that moves, whether it rolls, floats, or flies, though the latter two are outside my own budget. For a living I do buildings, bridges, dams, piers, and anything that needs to not fall over and kill someone, basically. I'll be doing a transmission swap this coming week on a moving bridge (swing bridge) I'm responsible for, it's a 2300lb transmission.

From everything I've seen lurking, this looks like a pretty friendly place so far. Hopefully I'll be around a while!

Attachments

• IMG_20240408_102537_594.jpg
    IMG_20240408_102537_594.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 3