Treadwright tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with any of the treadwright tires? I'm looking at the guard dog 315/75R16 for a possible future purchase. I've searched online for reviews and I have been finding mixed reviews of people either loving them or down right hating them. I figured check here and see what y'all may think of them.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think they are fairly common in offroad circles- but again, you'll get both ends of the spectrum for reviews.

I don't know too much about them. I believe they are heavier than a regular tire that same size. And I've heard about premature dry rotting and cracking.

OP
OP
DUNE RCR

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still up in the air about what I want to get. I've had Yokohama geolander m/t's and Mickey Thompson atz's before and loved both of them. I'm more leaning towards getting a set of Mickey's mtz's honestly but for the price I'm half tempted to give the treadwright's a try. I do worry about the dryrot and weight too, I would like to have a somewhat lighter tire that will last me a good while that's aggressive at the same time.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the treadwright warden AT's. I've had them for over 2 years and no problems. I just did a trip to Oklahoma and back 3500 miles. I've been offroad with them, gone through mud pits, even had them up over 100 with no problems.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had Guard Dog M/T's on a trooper I used to own, put many miles on them and no issues but they are heavier than normal tires, sold them two years later to someone with a Land Cruiser who drove them until they wore out completely. For the price they're darn good, balanced fine as well! Beasts off road and in the mud as well...