Curious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kcb2024

Reaction score
Would like to know if key fob can stay in the vehicle and use the door lock/unlock control only?

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only one way to find out! I don't know if it varies by model year, but my '11 does allow that. It's a great feature.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would like to know if key fob can stay in the vehicle and use the door lock/unlock control only?

You should post the year, make, and model of the vehicle (and key fob type) for a better chance at a correct answer.

The answer to your question may be in the vehicle owner’s manual.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
In the owners manual for my 011 EL, it specifically states to NOT leave fobs in the vehicle under any circumstances, so there's that, but perhaps that's changed in the newer models :D

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lock mine in often and use the keypad to enter. 2014 EL LTD...
I often do the same with my 2004 EB.

I also keep a key hidden on the frame, it cannot be reached without getting under the vehicle to keep it safe. I don't trust electronics so I always want a mechanical backup.

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
I didn’t think about that. Thanks.
2017 Expedition limited.
In our 2017 Limited, if the keyfob is anywhere near the front, regardless of whether I use the switch on the door handle or the keypad to lock the doors, they immediately unlock. What I have found is that if I place the key fob in the storage tray where the wheel jack is stowed in the floor at the rear, then I can lock/unlock the car using the keypad.