Best fuel additive for carbon deposit removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with Tallsville. It's up to you how you spend your money and if fuel additives don't hurt the o-rings etc then so be it.

Either 1) continued use will slowly undo the tarnish and buildup over time or 2) you will reach a point of no more benefit and pay for a placebo.

I think if Lucas \ Berrymens \ Techron \ 3M \ Seafoam is used for 4 tanks of gas over 4 weeks then it may be time to fall back to the quarterly application schedule.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I either didn't read directions all the way or just missed the schedule...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lucas Oil/5.25 oz. fuel treatment

Features & Benefits

Lucas upper cylinder lubricant fuel treatment is formulated for gasoline and diesel engines. It does not contain harmful solvents or alcohol. This product is a blend of heat resistant, super slick oils and additives with a high detergent action that cleans and lubricates the fuel system.
  • Causes fuel to burn more efficiently for greater fuel economy and fewer emissions
  • Negates the harmful effects of reformulated gasoline
  • Neutralizes the harmful effects of ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
  • Lubricates rings and cylinder walls for longer life
  • Cleans and lubricates carburetors, injectors, and valve seats
  • Eliminates need for higher octane fuel

There's no hard rule on how often you use a fuel additive. If you think you're getting your money's worth and there's no harm or even additional benefits then it's a person choice.

I scrub my stainless steel pots and pans with a baby powder paste to shine them up. Do I do this every single time I use a pot or pan? Nopers, but I do it occasionally and it's good for a while. Even if the fuel additive doesn't have any cleaning to do, in the case of Lucas it claims to lubricate the upper cylinder wall which is the same reason I like MMO.

So no harm no foul.

(no pun intended)

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Captain, how much they paying you for the endorsement. :happy175:

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah really, I needs that check.

I grew a beard to pay homage to Billy Banks

and Chuck Norris

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Oh yes, I seafoam alot too I'm pushing 135k now, my favorite part is after when you spray for mosquitoes lol

I took the vacuum line of my brake booster and then started the truck and put the vacuum line in the bottle of Lucas sucked it down and then took it for a drive.....thought i was on fire for a minute....but couldn't find a mosquito for 3 blocks for days ....took it out on the freeway and opened it up...thinking about it now...i should have just shut it off and let that stuff sit for a while before blowing it out the back.

thebuckaman

Reaction score
Kreen from KANO LABS

Stuff works really well. Pour half in the crankcase (change oil in 500 miles- it will be BLACK from cleaning the engine internals) and half in the gas tank. I have had great luck with it on my camry and saturn. Changed the VC gasket on the camry when I bought it and it was pretty nasty under there. Did VC gasket again 15000 miles later and after one kreen treatment (500 miles and dump oil) and it was very clean under there. Also, you will notice your oil will stay golden for longer mileage on the dipstick after a Kreen cleaning.