ETAC stuck in defrost mode, controls not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dd350

Reaction score
EATC stuck in defrost mode, controls not working

Hi all, new member here and I've acquired a '99 EB with electronic climate control problems. It's blasting full in defrost mode, won't shut off and won't respond to any control inputs. Any suggestions appreciated, hoping this is a fairly common problem.

Thanks,
David D

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

Condition
The blower motor operates continuously in high speed — EATC

Possible Sources
Circuitry short/open.
A/C blower motor speed control.
EATC module.

OP
OP
D

dd350

Reaction score
Okay, so if I'm looking at open or shorted circuits, where would be the best place to start looking for problems? Fuses/relays to check?

Thanks,
David D

B

bedrck46

There is a procedure in the service on how and what to check Would suggest you get a copy of;

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $20.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $20.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

dd350

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but can someone point me in the right direction of where to look to fix this? The climate control unit display is working, but it isn't responding to controls. Any other suggestions?

B

bedrck46

the best place would be the service manual it will give you a wiring diagram, locations and a trouble shooting chart. Had you obtained that last month you may have had it fixed by now

B

bedrck46

still would benefit you to get a copy of the service manual

B

bedrck46

the manual I suggested is cheaper and also its a Ford Service manual with the service information and prints specific for you year and model Had you had that manual you would have been able to fix your problem The Haynes manual may be ok for general information but that's about all its good for