Which Flowmaster Exhaust 40 or 50 series

Flowmaster 40 or 50 series?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I've got a 2003 Ford Expy Eddie Bauer 5.4L V8. So far I've added 6000K Low Beam HIDs, loving them so far.

Anyways, I'm wanting to change out the muffler to get a nice rumble sound to it and possibly improve MPGs. I can decide between the Flowmaster 40 series or 50 Series Mufflers. I want it to sound like a manly truck on the outside, without sounding like a guy who's compensating. My other concern is how loud it will be on the inside. I don't want a muffler that will distract when talking to people in the truck or be too loud in the very back with a car full.

Which muffler would you recommend?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40…but I just found out about thrush muffler from a new guy and the new shop that worked on my truck sells them

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not loud in the inside…it has drone which I like in the inside but ppl talk at normal voice levels in my truck

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't do the 50 series. I have it and hate it. Basically the same as stock on the outside and more noise on the inside. I'm going to switch to the 40 series once I get some $$$$$

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sg…how much is exhaust going for down there???

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sg…how much is exhaust going for down there???

I don't know. I bought mine as a cat back system from flowmaster and put it in myself and it does not have duals. Give me a couple days and I will see what I can find out.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I started with 50.. The interior droning noise was too loud, so I swapped it out for 70 series.. This was perfect.. Unfortunately, just recently one of the fins in the 70 series became unsecured in the muffler which resulted in an annoying rattle during idle.

I decided to try a Borla muffler this time.. I actually love it... It is loud when you floor it, and no droning at freeway speeds...

:head3:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love drone!!!