Which Flowmaster Exhaust 40 or 50 series

Flowmaster 40 or 50 series?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Series 10? You might as well straight pipe it. :rockit:

need the back pressure....i want it louder...deeper than what it is now...i have 40 on...the most knowledgeable shop i talked to today only does brakes and exhaust...the other shops do mufflers but also do a lot of other work too...but he told me not to even waste my time with super 40...told me to stick with the 40 and he can do duals with that or if i really want the loud deep sound that im saying i want...10 series...this will happen exactly 1 wk from today...next thursday...now to decide to go stainless for $500 or aluminum for $385...he says if i go aluminum i'll be back 5-6 yrs cuz it'll rust out...but $115 dollars can get me another mod...lol

Roman04

Reaction score
i have 40 on mine and pretty happy with it. loud enough when needed and quiet at idle. not really worried about drone, there isn't much anyway, besides the Alpine deck IS always louder than drone. :head3:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 40 on mine and pretty happy with it. loud enough when needed and quiet at idle. not really worried about drone, there isn't much anyway, besides the Alpine deck IS always louder than drone. :head3:

i want it louder...i have 40 now...want more...i have an 18" sub so i dont hear drone...my family is use to the little drone there is...i might have to hold off now some stuff came up...truck is last...

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. Run a hose pipe in the hot exhuast and rev it up real good then remove hose and listen. Busted glasspack = moist butt burp

A hose pipe? I guess I do not understand the statement, but then again my glasspack is not busted. I have heard trucks with them accidentally installed backwards and that sounds weird...

Roman04

Reaction score
i want it louder...i have 40 now...want more...i have an 18" sub so i dont hear drone...my family is use to the little drone there is...i might have to hold off now some stuff came up...truck is last...

i know the feeling about wanting louder, but only when it comes to SPL/SQ. if i go any louder on exhaust the racers will start following me. :)
got rid of my RE ***'s and looking to build again. maybe some DD's or Fi next..
... and yes, fam first truck last!