How do I replace the PCV hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2KEXP860

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2000 5.4L Eddie B Expedition. I got the P0171 and 174 codes and thanks to this site learned it could be a bad PCV. Well happens to be that the entire PCV valve and hose is missing. So I bought a new one, plugged the PCV valve into the crankcase but for the life of me i can not find where the other end plugs into.

Does anyone have a picture of what it connects to? I tried following some of the stickied items but no luck.

OP
OP

2KEXP860

Reaction score
Pics under my hood

Attachments

• DSC_0325.jpg
    DSC_0325.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 12,415
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15,789

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
It s plugs in right under your IAC. Right where the red arrow is pointing..

IMG_1121aa.jpg

Closer look..

IMG_1182aaaa.jpg

And you probably got this one already but... the other end.

IMG_1184.jpg

Please pardon my very dirty engine compartment... I've been neglecting it. I was throwing a new alternator on at the time the first pic was taken, that's why it's all taken apart there.:whymewhyme:

Last edited:
OP
OP

2KEXP860

Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks! It's really back there took forever to find. Part of the problem is it turns old the old one was still connected.

New problem. Is there a trick to get the rubber elbow off? Being 11 years old this thing is just fused in place. It's stuck and there is almost no room between it and the firewall to get it off. Plus standing on a step stool doesn't let me get a good angle on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the quick replies and pics! Great site.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just got on from the front, and kneel on the engine shroud. Luckily with a body lift, you get an extra 3 inches of hand room to work with in that area. Mine just crumbled and peeled right off, so I'm not sure if there is an easier way to get it off. It's very hard to get at without the body lift.

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to do mine a few weeks ago, we to the local Advance Auto Parts, they didn't have the exact part I needed in stock, but it's just a standard tube (sorry, not very technical) so the guy just cut me a length off a scrap he had and let me have it no cost. Reset my computer and was good to go.

LA*TROCKA'163

Reaction score
Hi to all as i am new here.... LANE 24 the 3rd picture you posted is the tube i'm trying to replace! What should i ask for at the dealership or autozone?

Last edited:

LA*TROCKA'163

Reaction score
got some MAF sensor cleaner and a pcv tube from autozone, i'm gonna clean the sensor see if that helps (i got a K&N air filter) and as for the the PCV tube it seems a little smaller (the hole) than the one thats already there ...which has a spot that feels like it melted a bit ... can i use a PCV tube from autozone or does it have to be from ford?

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hi to all as i am new here.... LANE 24 the 3rd picture you posted is the tube i'm trying to replace! What should i ask for at the dealership or autozone?

Click the link above the picture of my truck in my sig that says "click here now" It has all the parts #'s etc. for what you'll need. I'm sure you can use the autozone one. People have even just made their own with some rubber hose , rubber elbows, and hose clamps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire