Auto power window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my driver side power window regulator on my 2009 Expy EL XLT messed up. I purchased and installed an aftermarket regulator from Advance and installed it. Everything works fine now except for the auto up/down feature. I have tried multiple times to do the de-initialization/initialization procedure 501-11-1 (ign 5 times, down 2 sec, up 2 sec) and it stays the same. I have tried the earlier model procedure, (down button 6 times) and no help. I have tried disconnecting the battery while the glass was moving, still no difference. All fuses are good. (F1, F41 and there is no F47) I know if I call the dealer, he is gonna say I need an OEM regulator, but that can't be because there are no sensors or any connections that have to do with the windows on the regulator. Although the regulator is aftermarket, it was identical to the OEM. So here I am patiently holding down the button whenever I need to lower or raise the glass. The auto was working before the regulator messed up. So I'm appealing to you guys who may have been through the same problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I apologize for starting a new thread, but I fear that the other threads are too old for anyone to notice. I need help!!!

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the time it is best to start a new thread this way you will get answers specific to your year and problem

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you certain that the wiring is the same for the new regulator

The wiring diagram for the 09 does show a fuse F47 edit F47 is a circuit breaker

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tocapet

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wiring diagram

I have the same wiring diagram. That's how I was able to find which fuses/breakers to check. But as for the question about the regulator, the only wires to the regulator itself are the speaker and the air bag sensor. There are no window wires running to the regulator. It's all in the motor, as you can see from the wiring diagram. I have the 2009/10 Ford shop manual on DVD.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since you have the DVD and that is where I get my information then you already have anything that I could provide for you. But keep the forum updated as to your results

OP
OP
Tocapet

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since you have the DVD and that is where I get my information then you already have anything that I could provide for you. But keep the forum updated as to your results

Thanks. I'm hoping someone will chime in with a solution. I have tried everything short of pulling the door panel off again. That is my next step.

What about that diode that I see on the diagram??? Might that have something to do with it?? It seems to be mounted on the control switch.
I have a meter to test diodes with. A diode passes current in only one direction.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you are referring to the diode that is in the window adjust switch That diode is part of the circuit for the (4) LED lights in the switch assembly

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doing some reading in the manual.
Have you check all off the following fuses?

Mechanical Electrical
Window regulator assembly
Window glass
Window control switch
Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse(s):
51 (40A)
52 (10A)
Smart Junction Box (SJB) circuit breaker 47 (30A)
Accessory delay relay
Rear window defrost relay
SJB fuse(s):
1 (30A)
4 (30A)
41 (15A)
Circuitry
Window control switch