Driver window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trader82935

Reaction score
At my wits end!!!! 2017 xlt el driver window quit working 6 months ago. Fuses and terminals good and tight replaced window switch, window motor, and regulator moves smooth and easy. Tested terminals at window motor showing 14 volts on up and down. Only thing I can figure is window motor I bought is bad. Help I'm not the greatest at diagnostics and perhaps I have missed something. Thanks in advance.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At my wits end!!!! 2017 xlt el driver window quit working 6 months ago. Fuses and terminals good and tight replaced window switch, window motor, and regulator moves smooth and easy. Tested terminals at window motor showing 14 volts on up and down. Only thing I can figure is window motor I bought is bad. Help I'm not the greatest at diagnostics and perhaps I have missed something. Thanks in advance.

Did you replace the motor (only) with an aftermarket part?

Or, did you replaced the entire window regulator assembly with the motor? If so, what brand?

Ryan L

Reaction score
New parts are “new”, not necessarily “good”, so I suspect a bad part. Can be verified by connecting directly to a known good 12v power source (preferably not the car’s own battery, unless it is disconnected).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65