Do these light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The memory switches and all doors lock/unlock on driver door? Windows up/down and windows locks do.

If so, how easy is it to take it apart? And may be fix it.

G.jpg

Thanks

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Uhm, yeah the window switches in my 05 EB light up. I'm pretty sure that the door lock switches are supposed to be illuminated along with the window switches on each door. Most of mine are not working, along with a few on the dash...headlight switch, 4x4 switch. I took care of several instrument cluster lights last weekend when I installed a new JVC head unit. Gonna do the others when I replace the faulty SWCI module next weekend.
My 99 Crown Vic has lighted door switches, but no lighted steering wheel buttons. My 03 Sport Trac had lighted door switches and steering wheel buttons. In fact, the door lock switches would stay lit for several minutes after shutting down and locking up...maybe ten minutes or more.
I would say take them out and see if there are bulbs in them. I think they will be something like T-5's or so....got mine at Radio Shack 'cause I didn't wanna wait to order them from eBay. Course you could also look into LED replacements and choose all sorts of colors....Me, I just like a nice pure white, but not too bright......There's enough distractions without creating more.

OP
OP

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input/info.

I'm not going to worry about them since they are not lit.

I was trying to fix back lights on the speedo/RPM instrument panel. Did not fine the correct light bulbs at the auto parts store (I tried to give them my business .... but )...

Just for your info: Bulbs for the back lit instrument panel are "T5 B8.5D".

Parts store list Those rice looking tiny bulbs for 2x4.99 a pack. I guess I'm ordering on flea bay for some of these. "T5 B8.5D Car Gauge 5050 1SMD LED Speedo Dashboard Dash Side Light Bulb White".

Hopefully they will give me good dimming function as I hate bright dash! I just need them lit evenly and correctly.

Cheer

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Oh, hey....the instrument cluster lights are #74! They're like a miniature version of 194. The same ones as in my Volvo 240's and V90...and prolly lots of other vehicles. I just used my last ones in my cluster last weekend.
Found them now at 10 for $8.99 on Ye Olde Bay.....

74 Sylvania Bulb Pack of 10 Bulbs | eBay

Gonna stock up.....

BTW, not sure how well the LED's will work on a dimmer circuit.....

Cheers!
JP

Last edited:
OP
OP

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, hey....the instrument cluster lights are #74! They're like a miniature version of 194.
JP
That is the right ones?? When I had these out, I can't pull them out of the holders... Whats the trick?

I ordered those LED ones with the holders and they seem to look and measure the same? Thoughts?

Last edited:

SirJeffro

Reaction score
That is the right ones?? When I had these out, I can't pull them out of the holders... Whats the trick?

I ordered those LED ones with the holders and they seem to look and measure the same? Thoughts?

Yes, they are definitely 74's, and trust me, those little buggers were a tight fit. I used long-nose pliers because they were handy....I was very careful not to break the bulbs. Maybe wearing nitrile exam gloves or something to give your fingers a little "gription." Or just carefully use pliers...

The LED's seem great to me, but you may find them a bit bright...and like I said in my earlier post, I'm not sure how well they will work in a dimming circuit. Of course, now that I think of it, I do have LED's in my overhead interior lights and they fade out when shutting down. But that's not a prolonged, steady function. Dimmed dash lights might be a little different, but lots of folks use them. I just don't know if there will be issues or not.....

Anyone?.....

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok discard my early message, I actually pay attention tonight to the switch , and it does light up, never pay attention before until today lol. Anyway so all my switch are light up.