plugs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am pulling apart my dash to dip it black and in the works of dissembling it i notice there are a lot of hidden plugs that are factory plugs. just wondering what they are for and what they do if anybody here knows?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Flux capacitor, Turbo boost, passenger ejection seat are a few things that come to mind.

But ford in their wisdom decided not to install...

B

bedrck46

would be hard to tell without a diagram which would give the number of pins, wires and the approx. location of the connector and also it would be nice to know what year the expy is as the connectors may vary from year to year or gen to gen

Best thing is if you need to disconnect any would be to make both ends for example A-A B-B C-C or 1-1 2-2 3-3 and make a note on a separate paper so you know how many you took apart and then will know that you get them all back together

OP
OP
B

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is about the same thoughts i had from the way they look. The plugs are on a 02 EB under the dash up above where the radio is at. And it is just the ends that i see they are not attached to anything they are just stuck there so i have know idea what they are. i am going to try to find a wiring diagram and see if i can find out what they lead to.

B

bedrck46

Just to give you an idea see attached print but you would also need connector views and wiring prints you can obtain a copy of the;

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $15.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $15.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Which would have the information you would need to find each connector and what its function is.

Last edited by a moderator:

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best reason i could give would be your expedition just didnt have some features that the higher end models had and its cheaper to manufacture a select few different harnesses then one for every option variant. Also, ford did decide after much debate that in the final version of the 1st gen expedition not to have seat ejectors after waching Pierce Brosnan launch his co pilot in James Bond into another MiG. The decision was made after the harnesses began production so there are some extra plugs.