Help!! Dealership doesn’t know what’s wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update#2

Final diagnosis was 9% low compression on cylinder 4. Dealer suggested that’s it’s only safe to drive home and park u til I get a new engine. Endurance warranty would not cover due to “pre existing condition.” Long story there but now I’m shopping for an engine.

That's why I change my engine oil every 5k with full synthetic and OEM filter, no matter what Ford pass tells me. And my first oil change was at 2k. Turbo engines are prone to these s***

OP
OP
Q

quarterboy25

Reaction score
My first oil change after I bought it 3k miles after I bought truck was full synthetic high mileage 5w-30. Like I stated before, I had full intentions on taking care of this truck in every way. Still do. Just gotta find a way to afford another engine. Really don’t want to buy used. Dealership quoted me 15k and my local mechanic quoted 11k. Both including labor and parts of course.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update#2

Final diagnosis was 9% low compression on cylinder 4. Dealer suggested that’s it’s only safe to drive home and park u til I get a new engine. Endurance warranty would not cover due to “pre existing condition.” Long story there but now I’m shopping for an engine.
I want to know how Endurance sees this as a pre-existing condition and wont cover. Did you already pass the waiting period after contract signed?

When I bought my expy used, I almost went with Endurance over Ford Protect (Endurance contract was cheaper compared to Ford Protect with same coverages) I wanna know how slimey they truly are after the sale of contract.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to know how Endurance sees this as a pre-existing condition and wont cover. Did you already pass the waiting period after contract signed?

When I bought my expy used, I almost went with Endurance over Ford Protect (Endurance contract was cheaper compared to Ford Protect with same coverages) I wanna know how slimey they truly are after the sale of contract.
If Endurance is as good as Ford ESP, it wouldn't be cheaper. At least, it wouldn't be significantly cheaper.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first oil change after I bought it 3k miles after I bought truck was full synthetic high mileage 5w-30. Like I stated before, I had full intentions on taking care of this truck in every way. Still do. Just gotta find a way to afford another engine. Really don’t want to buy used. Dealership quoted me 15k and my local mechanic quoted 11k. Both including labor and parts of course.

The problem is we don't know how previous owner(s) maintained and drove this vehicle for within the 175k miles before you purchased it.

bocabimmer

Reaction score
The problem is we don't know how previous owner(s) maintained and drove this vehicle for within the 175k miles before you purchased it.
I agree with this to an extent.

The Ford ESP required me do an inspection using a Ford-provided form at a dealership prior to me even being able to purchase the plan. Any issues they found would have needed to be corrected by me at my expense prior to purchasing the ESP. To me, that kind of starts the clock at 0 again. They had their opportunity to do their due diligence.

Does Endurance do the same?

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If Endurance is as good as Ford ESP, it wouldn't be cheaper. At least, it wouldn't be significantly cheaper.
Factory extended warranties have large dealer markups that can be negotiated. So comparing how good a warranty is based upon price is somewhat meaningless.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Factory extended warranties have large dealer markups that can be negotiated. So comparing how good a warranty is based upon price is somewhat meaningless.

You may purchase online from Granger or Flood. They have very small margin on FSP.