01 Expy EB overhead console into XLT with sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sadler

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to say thanks for the help on 2 previous issues back in October. Have not been around because i just had some back surgery.

The question I have now is I would like to swap my current overhead console with one that shows MPG. Currently I have the console that controls the dome lights, sunroof displays direction and temperature.

I have seen eddie bauer consoles on ebay that i gather would show MPG average and offer some extra buttons for the rear window vents (which i don't have anyway). Is my current console the same as the EB just minus some features? can I just pop off mine, pop on the EB and plug and play with functional MPG readout and just have a few extra non functioning buttons or is it more involved.

I looked at the OB2 MPG things but have heard they are not accurate, plus it looks cleaner all integrated in the console. I just need AVG MPG not instant.

The reason i ask is because I have done slight mods such as K and N filter, gotts mod, removed the air silencer and flowmaster 40 and never was able to calculate the benefits. I am looking to move to texas soon from NY and would like to get the truck in tip top shape prior since it is a 1700 mile drive and current gas prices at my unknown estimated mpg of 10 make it pricey.