Not shifting into forward gears... With a twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnArr

Reaction score
HI, I really need some help! My 2006 Expedition started doing the thing where when I come to a stop (like at a red light) it would rev way up then clunk into gear when I tried to go forward again. Today I go to drive and it won't go forward (in D or 1 or 2) AT ALL. Reverse still works fine.
The twist is, I had an electrical drain I recently fixed, and for about a month I would disconnect the neg battery cable every night so I didn't wake up to a dead battery. I'm thinking the shifting issue must be connected to the fact that I was disconnecting and reconnecting the battery every day and it did something to the pcm. Any ideas? I really need to get this thing driving!
Also, if it matters, trans fluid on dipstick looks fine.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first thought is when it wasn't engaging properly was any troubleshooting done? Have you tried to pull codes? Disconnecting the battery should only reset the factory shift patterns, but is not likely to cause problems like you're experiencing.

Here's some troubleshooting steps.
1710889534433.png
1710889564564.png