02 expedition code p0320 problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hi im new to this web site and need some help on my expedition trying to see if any one had related problems like mine..my 02 expedition with a 5.4l motor it stalls and shuts off once in a while when im driving its driving me crazy and the check engine light came on and it says code p0320 which means "ignition/distributor engine speed malfunction" i have changed the crank shaft sensor and i also changed the cam shaft sensor and the problem still continues any suggestions.....

OP
OP
Reaction score
just changed the fuel filter,cam sensor,and the crank shaft sensor and its still running bad it turns off on me on low speeds and turns and the rpms go up and dwn its driving me crazy any other ideas i can check..maybe somebody had a problem like mine all help will be appreciated...

OP
OP
Reaction score
well cam shaft sensor changed,crank shaft sensor changed,fuel pump changed,fuel filter changed and mass air flow sensor changed also.. and truck still dies on me and shakes..im wondering if it could the computer on the truck

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would ck all the coils. the problem could be one is bad and it is feeding radio freq interference into the pcm. I have not seen this alot but it does happen.

OP
OP
Reaction score
I would ck all the coils. the problem could be one is bad and it is feeding radio freq interference into the pcm. I have not seen this alot but it does happen.

havent checked that im gona check that and i notice it only does it after like a hour of driving it start stalling and shutting off on me and when i turn the a/c its all hell broke loose the truck wont go and shut off on me

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have also seen the ac clutch coil short out and cause drivability problems ck the wires at the compressor near the pulley.