'03 Expy w/ 4.6 -- Spark Plug Changing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MavrickMA

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Getting ready to change my plugs. Wanted to know if anybody with an '03 w/ the 4.6 has done them and how difficult it was. Is there anything special that I should look out for? Any special tools needed? How long did it take you.

Thanks,
Brandt

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure on the engien bay setup in the newer trucks but if its similar to mine (99 5.4) the passenger rear plug will take you the longest and its a royal pain in the ass. Expect to hit your knuckles and probably cut them as well.

If you havent changed plugs on this truck before i'd say it will take about 2-3 hours depending n how long that pass plug will take you. But if you have done it before, then you know all the little tricks you can do to have it done in 1 hour. Just find what works for you so that next time around you will know exactly what to expect and what to do.

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, no special plug socket is needed .. cant remember off hand what size it was.