03 F-150 hood/grille on 03-06 Expo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today at work I parked nose to nose with a F-150 of the same body style as my 03 Expo. After looking at both of them, I was wondering if the F-150 hood and grille would just bolt right on. The F-150 hood has a more noticible hump and the grille actually looks like it belongs there vs the junk we got stuck with on the Expo. Anyone done this or even looked into it?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have to remove everything. I think the Expy ones are slightly shorter (or the other way around...).

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Won't work without heavy mod to the hood, if you look again by the wiper cowl the f150 curls up kind of and the expy is flat and the headlights are at different angles where they meet the hood, I wanted to do this 2years ago and put a limited front end swap on my expy but found out it was impossible without heavy mods! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Sent from space using taptalk

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bah, well there goes that. Oh well I guess I'll just find a hood with a nice bulge and get rid of the fisher price grille they give us. After I do the 3/2 lift which is another thing I noticed with my Expo nose to nose with the F-150. Tire diameter looked the same but the F-150 was substantially higher up. Same way with my father's Super Duty. Was worried my Expo would look stupid with a lift and stock tires but I don't think it will be too bad for now.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the hood and will def match the color of the grille trim to the truck but not sold on that front bumper. I am going to lift my truck, not lower it and I don't think that style bumper would look good on a lifted vehicle. What hood is that btw?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel ya, just an example of "fabbing" it up to work, not to sure on the hood this was a dudes expy from the Philippines I seen on cardomain I do believe its the same one from the "Shelby" expedition

Sent from space using taptalk