05 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
I need a way to hook up a sub to either my stock or new head unit, bu i have the rear dvd ent. Eddie bauer, and everyone ive talked to says its impossible to still be able to keep that and hook up aux subs. I also am wondering how hard it would be to find a good ported box to go behind thr 3rd row, or maybe jus on top of the 2 seats and atleast have one fold up for use? Thanks, byron.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought the aux input that you'd by when you have a factory stereo...connected to the factory sub speaker for Lt/Rt connection...conncected my rca's for my amp to the aux that i split in...tap'd my speaker wires to the wire from the sub...i have 2 12's...then i upgraded my HU...never ran rca's to the head unit...my amp isnt connected to my HU either...but because there's a factory sub...i can still control the sub (on/off..increase bass level) with my HU...

OP
OP
eatmydirt85

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
Sounds sort of confusing. I can do all of the work up to the head unit, but I havent messed with one before. I might hand this one to the local audio shop.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd order from crutchfield they give you a step by step guide on how to, and dont hesitate to call them if you have questions no question is a dumb one with them, i had to call them when doing an install on a 05 tahoe with all the onstar crap, but once you do it youll see how easy it really is.

Or if your trying to stay stock like bhsoulja said tap into the 2 wires that go to the factory sub (thats what i did till i upgraded) go to walmart or a stereo shop (if you want to get *****) and i believeits like $20 for a line output converter then what that does it turns those wires into rca's that go to your aftermarket amp.

The panel on the rear right side just pulls up and gives you access to the factory sub so you can take a look and see if you feel comfortable doing this. Message me or just post if you need any additional help thats what were all here for. Lol i said too much let me stop now

OP
OP
eatmydirt85

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
Naw buddy thanks for thr help. I think the more i listen to thr stock system, the more i want to keep it stock for now. I think an exhaust system would help in another sound area...

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True! Im not going to lie i never was in to the loud pipes untill i had to change my cats and muffler (long story) it was cheaper to put a flowmaster muffler and high flow cats on than replace it with stock ford stuff, but now i love it!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have it...but i like it...what kind of performance gain have you received with the converter?