'05 seat part name/number needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyM

Reaction score
2005 Expedition XLT. Based on my opener's manual, i'm trying to track down the following part:

second row, middle seat (20% seat) release strap

It's the strap or ring (located in the crack between bottom cushion and seat back) that you pull to allow the second row, middle seat to fold flat. The previous owner somehow broke off the strap or whatever attachment should be there leaving me with a frayed cable. I can use needle nose players to pull the cable and fold the seat flat but I'm getting tired of that and there's a sharp frayed cable for people to jab themselves on.

I wanted to see about getting a new strap/cable to install and was hoping someone here might have the name of the actual part or a part number that I could look up.

Went by dealer today to ask but they were swamped in pre-holiday repairs and parts so I didn't get my answer. Google hasn't been particularly helpful - I'm probably searching the wrong term.

I was thinking that this is something that I can probably do myself and save some labor charges if I can track down the part.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Tony

Last edited:

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can find it at a dealer shop it. I've seen these as low as $13.00 up to $36.00 list price $51.39

OP
OP
T

TonyM

Reaction score
thanks everyone! I will start the search immediately.

UPDATE: found one, finally, in Puerto Rico. There's one in Florida that was a special order for someone that the dealer is holding for pick up. Otherwise, according to the parts network that the Ford dealers use...that's it for North America. Third party vendors I contacted on line do not have them, despite their listing on many websites. Makes you wonder how something used on so many model years could now be an "obsolete and discontinued" part...

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TonyM

Reaction score
Thanks. Kyle at Lakeland (not in stock) was very helpful and turned me onto the Puerto Rican dealership. Discount Ford and OEM said they didn't have them when I called today.

BTW as a side note the people at Autos Vega Ford in PR were extremely helpful. They actually took the extra time and went to their warehouse area, pulled the part and took a photo of it and sent it to me to make sure it was what I needed. And the part cost less from them, including shipping, than it was listed on the domestic sites (dealers and others) that actually didn't have the part in stock.

OP
OP
T

TonyM

Reaction score
Part/cable arrived from the Ford dealer in Puerto Rico on Monday. Pulled the center seat and installed it today - it's working like a charm. Thanks again for the help in tracking down the correct part number!