07 Expy Hesitation During Acceleration in AM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdyismydog

Reaction score
Ok peeps...

My 07' Expedition has 55k miles and every morning for past 3 weeks it hesitates during light-medium acceleration @ 2500 thru 4000 rpm. I live in the midwest with night temps dropping. Once the truck is warmed up the issue goes away. The issue did not happen last year during cold months.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

-Justin

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have this to but it has done it since we have had ours i think it is just the trans b/c my friends f150 does it but to a lesser extent the truck might be to heavy for the trans to handle the power/weight ratio

rockyw123

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 07 at WOT when it's cold.
But once it warms up it, it runs fine.
My dad has an F-150 and it does the same at WOT.
I'm getting a programer and I hope it fixes the problem.

OP
OP
B

birdyismydog

Reaction score
Ford Spark Plug Issue is Costly. Thanks Ford.

I ended up with a $650 dollar repair job for spark plugs. #2 and #5 were missing. Technician hooked his laptop up to my truck and verified the issue. The spark plug job cost a lot because they brake. I called Ford to complain and got nowhere. The dealership handed me the bill and a box full of broken plugs. The truck had 55k miles at the time of repair. After having such a bad experience with Ford Customer Relations, I won't ever buy another Ford.

WCAWI

Reaction score
Ok peeps...

My 07' Expedition has 55k miles and every morning for past 3 weeks it hesitates during light-medium acceleration @ 2500 thru 4000 rpm. I live in the midwest with night temps dropping. Once the truck is warmed up the issue goes away. The issue did not happen last year during cold months.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

-Justin

I had the same problem at 57k mi. I did a reflash of the PCM and it helped but didnt completely fix the problem.