07 expy limited unable to refuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordmatic

Reaction score
Hi, fairly new to the forum. Ever since I replaced the fuel pump on my 07 expy limited, I am unable to refuel. Gas station pump constantly shuts off at less than 1 gallon. Intermittent filling takes approximately 45 minutes for half tank of refueling. Here's what I've done so far.
1.removed filler neck and blew out lines with compressed air.
2.checked and tested purge valve.
3.removed and had vapor canister tested.( no pellets found as other threads have indicated)
4. Dropped fuel tank and blew out all lines. Also removed, checked and reinstalled fuel pump.
5. Installed new OEM ford fuel cap.
6. Stuck screwdriver in fuel tank bung to attempt any dislodged of possibly stuck anti siphon valve. Still unable to refuel. Any suggestions?

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you possibly have put a kink in the filled tube when removing/installing the tank?

Have you read this post it may help.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the anti siphon valve, it stop fuel from sloshing up into charcoal canister, acts a vapor vent.

OP
OP
F

Fordmatic

Reaction score
Will do. Can the anti siphon valve on this model, (07 expedition 5.4 liter 119" wheel base) be removed or replaced ?

Mikezr

Reaction score
Ya you can change the anti siphon valve if you remove the rear inner fender well it's right there ontop of the tank. Remove the 2 lines and your good to go