'08 Door Panel Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the panels just lifted up or are there tabs that need to be released? Is there a "hidden" screw? Need access to see why the windows are sooooo slow in both directions, especially on cold days.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are screws, 6 to be exact, and a clip behind tweeter sail panel.

1. Remove the door handle screw cover. (little black square thing behind chrome door handle)
2. Remove the door handle screw.
3. Remove the door handle trim bezel. (thing around door handle)
4. Remove the front door trim panel finish cover. (black rectangle thing down inside armrest pull )
5. Remove the 2 door trim panel armrest screws.
6. Remove the door trim panel screw. (on side of door panel)
7. Remove the 2 lower door trim panel screws.(bottom of door)
8. Disengage the sail panel clip. (behind tweeter- just pull straight out)

Then lift the door trim panel by pulling directly upward on the armrest to
disengage the panel clips.

Matt

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got to do both front doors yesterday. Sprayed white lithium grease into the cables and onto glide tracks. The nylon glides seem to scrape the grease off the tracks though. In any event the windows now move fairly quickly. Before doing the second seat windows I was wondering if I should use a graphite grease. Any thoughts as to what might be better?

OP
OP
Toyman

Toyman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you end up doing the rear windows too? Any pics?

Never got to the second row seat windows as they move fairly quickly and didn't see an urgent need.

However, today the driver's side window regulator packed it in, down position of course, wife driving and raining. Due to other concerns I had to take it into a shop that does work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT