'08 Exped will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

broncoremy

Reaction score
For those interested, most of my search for the fuel pump itself centered on the Denso line of pumps. They have over 400 similar pump part numbers to the one that melted in the Expy, but none of them will match directly to the 2007-2008 Expys.

I tried to get a match so I could be confident in what I ordered, but I was not able to in the time I had. As outlined above, eventually I ran out of time and had to spring for the $320 assembly.

If you have interest and run into this problem, the part number line that I was looking into was the Denso part number 951-0007, 951-0008 or 950-0171. There are plenty of other numbers and just about all of them look exactly the same.

There were other lines that have similar pumps, but the story was the same -- no match for the '07-'08 Expy. If you would like to pursue, you might look up part numbers HFP-342 or HFP-367 or HFP-382.

A local store that carried these Denso fuel pumps or others would have been great, but I could not find one.

Know this... If you are able to get the tank out of the truck and the pump assembly out of the tank, replacing the fuel pump itself in the pump assembly should not be a problem for you.

If you find a match or find one of these that works, you would save a good pile of coins if you have the same problem I did. I ran out of time while looking though.

Good luck. As always, YMMV.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt