08 front end poping ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Every once in awhile when you turn the wheel hard mostly to the right but does it both directions you can hear a loud pop. I tried looking to see if something was in a rubbing but see nothing to lead me to what is causing it. Its a 2008 2wd with 29,000 miles. Any suggestions or than taking it to the ford place?

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sway bars tend to be a common problem on these. Both bushings and sway bar ends. Not sure if that might be it, but I have to check mine this weekend because of a similar sound that 2 ford dealerships and 2 other independents can not hunt down (new ball joints and tie rod ends). Everyone agrees the sound is there though. Thanks, Mike.

joshuajack

Reaction score
Sway bar bushings, yes (along with the tie rod ends). Also, check your steering linkage. Mine was making a popping noise when backing up with the wheel cranked off. Had a friend/mechanic replace the joints with Moog that have grease fittings. (only one stock has fittings, I believe), and it made a world of difference.
I believe that half of owning an 1997-2002 expy is hunting down suspension noises. I have replaced just about all that can be replaced on the front and have moved my way to the rear end which sounds like a "lumber wagon" according to my wife.