09-14 Navigation in a 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txncurrent22

Reaction score
Forgive me if this thread exists, if I'm asking a previous topic please route me to it.

I have a 2008 King Ranch EL, the current 08 navigation is too outdated with no Bluetooth, camera, etc. I'm not going aftermarket because of the inability to match the rear DVD settings and zone isolation.

Will the 09 and up units work in an 08? I purchased a 2011 unit from a junkyard, it lit up and output to subwoofer, however there was no sound. I THINK this could've been a problem with the unit being outside too long, but wanted to check on other experiences.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IIRC there are a couple of components that go along with the headunit. I want to say 3 of them but can't remember off the top of my head. One of the external to headunit components is the factory amp for the door speakers and tweets.

A guy on a Ford Explorer forum did it, buying all factory components and wiring (to include steering wheel controls, gps and sat radio antennas, and the factory harnesses) and cost him around $1200 just in parts. If you can snag EVERYTHING from the parts vic for cheap, do it.