09 ABS Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamusDemus

Reaction score
I couldn't find where else to post this. I've a 2009 Eddie Bauer. Myself and 3 local shops can't find a replacement ABS Control Module. Seems that a lot of places didn't make the specific one, and not having luck finding one outside of ebay and I'm skeptical of those. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where else I could get one that's not the cost of Ford? I have a licensed shop willing to replace it.

2C219 - Module Brake (Anti Lock Control), Electronic, 03/30/2009 - 06/29/2009, Expedition (2003/), With Roll Stability Control

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced one on a 2005 Hyundai Tucson. Had the same problem. $2100 from Hyundai, $120 on eBay. Got one from Pick and Pull for $80. Couldn't find any aftermarket or rebuilds for ABS modules of any brand/type. Probably because they don't fail too often.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABS modules are tough. When the one on my ‘02 Explorer went out they had to marry an aftermarket head to a Ford unit. Only Ford made the base unit and only the A/M made the head for it.....it was a total sh*t show lol.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 07 is having communication errors, but I just delete the errors and keep on going

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up getting a used on from LMK for my '07 a few months ago. It has worked fine so far, although my wife says that it will rarely hiccup and feel like the brakes are soft. I haven't been able to confirm that the "new" ABS motor is at fault. I also used ForeScan to reprogram the As Built data, to get rid of the ABS light on the dash.

fothco

Reaction score
Very interesting theme : my 2013 Expee Max now has : Advance Traction , check ABS , plus 2 symbols for skidding or swerving car , all showing on screen ... No re-set option on Computer Setup etc . These showed up 3 days ago following changing of brake pads and rotors at 115 K kms // 75 K miles . Plse advise . Is the ABS module suddenly an issue ? fothco

OP
OP
J

JamusDemus

Reaction score
So it's turning out that I can't find a shop willing to install a part that they don't supply themselves. Ford's the only one that can supply the part. and so far.... Ford's cheaper for part and labor than the others. I'm looking at about $1500. Although do be careful - while shopping around I had a couple dealerships quote me twice that without justification.