15-17 Heated Steering Wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HSW is the nicest option that you don’t need!!!! No one really needs it, but once you’ve had it.........

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Some of these new creature comforts are beginning to be like electricity and running water. People used to do without and had no trouble doing so but how the heck they did is beyond me. LOL

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On another post it was mentioned the Expy didn't get a heating steering wheel as an option until the new 2018 model. Is this true?

Does any 15-17 Owner have a working heated steering wheel option on their vehicle? Trying to determine if it's possible to add this to my 17 Expy. Thanks.

Keep a pair of leather gloves in the truck and put them on when you get in. You will look stylish and the hands will be warm. Lol That what I do and it works great.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree I think people are perfectly fine without “creature comforts”. My F-350 is newer and has heated seats and sync and my expy has none of that, I like the expy just as much.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree I think people are perfectly fine without “creature comforts”. My F-350 is newer and has heated seats and sync and my expy has none of that, I like the expy just as much.

What about your power steering and A/C... You think you’d like your Expy sans those “creature comforts”? LOL

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys are too funny. :) I found the thread on the F150 HSW retrofit. There was one fellow who successfully did it and he wrote up a detailed guide but has since taken it down, not sure why. The hardware portion of the install seems fairly straightforward. The tricky part lies in the software "tweaks" needed to get it all working. There is a new HSW Module that needs to be installed. An icon in the 8-inch dash display needs to be activated, along with communication between this display and the new module. Finally, for vehicles with remote start, there is a setting (at least on F150 trucks) in the instrument cluster to activate the HSW during remote starting.

Here's the entire thread:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/add-heated-steering-wheel-314154/

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, this is interesting! According to Motor Trend, the 2015 F250 Platinum has a wood/leather heated steering wheel. This wheel happens to be the same design used in the 2007-14 Expedition. SO, if it can be confirmed that this wheel is indeed heated (we'd need to confirm by looking at a Ford F250 sales brochure) then it might be possible to add a heated steering wheel to any 2007-14 Expedition without having to deal with customizing the buttons!

2015 F250 Platinum HeatedSteeringWheel2.jpg

2008-Expedition Wheel Auto HVAC.jpg

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, this is interesting! According to Motor Trend, the 2015 F250 Platinum has a wood/leather heated steering wheel. This wheel happens to be the same design used in the 2007-14 Expedition. SO, if it can be confirmed that this wheel is indeed heated (we'd need to confirm by looking at a Ford F250 sales brochure) then it might be possible to add a heated steering wheel to any 2007-14 Expedition without having to deal with customizing the buttons!

Ford’s 2014 Super Duty brochure says the Platinum came with one. If the wheels are the same, then it just might be possible. It sure wouldn’t be the easiest mod ever, but if you want one, I’d encourage you to go for it.

Wish the 15-17 Expedition had a vehicle it shared the steering wheel with that came with a heated one.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 23542

View attachment 23543

This is correct, the steering wheel in my 07 Expedition is the exact same as in my 2013 F-350, so maybe possible on our 2007-2014 units. My SD wheel is leather wrapped with the controls but I don’t have heated.

Last edited: