1998 XLT noisy 4 X 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I own a 1998 Expedition XLT 4.6L with 100k miles. I have been hearing (& feeling) banging occassionally while in 4X4 (especially while turning). Last year I had to replace the sensor on the transfer case. I've had this checked and was told that it is normal and probably the limited slip differential on the front end. Should I be concerned or is this normal?? 4 wheel drive functions properly...just noisy at times.

OP
OP
G

i had this happen to me only one time.i don't know why but i had forgotten to take the expy out of 4x4 mode and i was parking in a parking lot and as soon as started to turn the wheel it started make a banging sound.but as soon as i took it out of 4x4 mode it never did it again.and it hasn't done it ever since that one time.i though i was the only one that had this happen.hopefully some one here will shed some info on this subject...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik