1999 Expediton Eddie Bauer boost edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Expedition 5.4 EB AWD. It is bone stock right now. So I have decided to boost it after some cajolling from my boss and a few other people. I have been picking the brains of tom89 on here as well as a former roomate who has a boosted navigator (kenne bell). Well anyscrew I just started building my new motor. It is at the machine shop getting machined and my rotating assembly balanced. I will update that part of the build as I get parts back from the machine shop and start putting it all together. I was debating selling the original motor or not. Well after seeing that I have 182,000 miles on it I wouldn't get more than $250 for it. So after contemplating in the crapper at work I decided to send the original 5.4 off in style with nitrous. We have numerous nitrous kits from over the years at work so putting together a kit would be no trouble. I am starting at a 150 shot and am still debating adding a second stage. Yeah I know the motor isn't made for nitrous etc etc but I am not planning on keeping rods in very long lol. For safety I am making a engine diaper for it so I am not "that guy" at the track that oils down the track. I will be installing the kit hopefully tomorrow and have it on the rollers at work by wednesday. Thursday should be doomsday. I just want to be able to beat a stock srt8 jeep or trailblazer ss with an EXPY. I will have pics of the install and some videos on the dyno. Here's the Nitrous kit and my expy
nitrous_zps01b65032.jpg
IMG_20130119_100958_zps67772cdb.jpg
IMG_20130420_191503_zpsce8da1b9.jpg
IMG_20130420_191527_zps4522c946.jpg
IMG_20130420_191445_zps3161816d.jpg
DSC_0932_zpsecd5b2a6.jpg
DSC_0926_zps53645a90.jpg
DSC_0921_zpse594e347.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think it will be an interesting project!

Do you plan to modify the tune for use with the nitrous?

OP
OP
mc0311grunt

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it will be an interesting project!

Do you plan to modify the tune for use with the nitrous?

yes. I've avoided put any tuner or dyno tuning thus far for the simple reason I am cheap and I swore I wasn't going to modify squat. I am going to pull timing and put a race gas tune in it. This will actually be my first tune for a 5.4 but I figure it should roughly be like doing a 4.6. It would be easier if it was a carb'd 302 lol

OP
OP
mc0311grunt

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for no updates. We got swamped at work and I haven't had time to get the truck on the lift let alone put it on the dyno. And quite frankly I don't want to pick up tools or work on anything automotive when I get home. I did install the solonoids. I hid them pretty good. Gotta stay somewhat of a sleeper lol. It was a PITA but I got them under the cowl panel under the windshield. It is purging out of the windshield wash nozzles in the hood. I'll get video and do a write up on how I am installing. OTher than that no other progress. Here's a picture of what is taking up space IMG_20130124_155732_zpsa60bb8fe.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sorry for no updates. We got swamped at work and I haven't had time to get the truck on the lift let alone put it on the dyno. And quite frankly I don't want to pick up tools or work on anything automotive when I get home. I did install the solonoids. I hid them pretty good. Gotta stay somewhat of a sleeper lol. It was a PITA but I got them under the cowl panel under the windshield. It is purging out of the windshield wash nozzles in the hood. I'll get video and do a write up on how I am installing. OTher than that no other progress. Here's a picture of what is taking up space IMG_20130124_155732_zpsa60bb8fe.jpg

The suspense !!! Very curious how an Expy will handle the nitrous and how she will run.......

^^ Nice ride !

Last edited:
OP
OP
mc0311grunt

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The suspense !!! Very curious how an Expy will handle the nitrous and how she will run.......

^^ Nice ride !

$60k buys it lol. Its a 55 with a 572 and a viper spec t56. Suspension is all custom made 4 link stuff and built for road racing. I am in love with this car. We are doing the wiring another shop messed up. Yeah I am itching to go to the track. I've been off the track for over a year. I am thinking of doing the install at night at the house. I have to go to vegas this weekend so I could hit the track there. Yeah it has been irritating but gotta make that money and keep customers happy. We have a pool going at work for when the motor blows. So far majority has it dying doing a burnout outside of the shop lol